How it works on the day
Climb for Cancer will kick off bright and early on Sunday 28 May with our volunteers at check-in from 6.15 am. Every climber needs to check in 30 minutes prior to their start time—this is when you will receive your timing device and sign a waiver.
You can find all of the important event day timings below:
|6:15 am||Registration opens|
|7 am||Individual race begins|
|8:05 am||QFES vs QPS race begins|
|8:20 am||QFES vs QPS vs QAS race begins|
|8:30 am||Individual presentation|
|8:45 am||Team race begins|
|9 am||QFES, QPS and QAS presentation|
|9:30 am||TRI race begins|
|10:15 am||Team presentations|
Remember, not everyone can be in the stairwell at the same time—that would be more like a stampede than a Climb for Cancer! You will be sent one at a time into the stairwell at 10-15 second intervals. Teams can enter the stairwell together, in sets of four only.
If you have any changes to your registration, please contact us.
Your event day experience
While you’re gearing up to scale the stairs our warm up crew will have you pumped up and ready to go! When it’s your turn to run you’ll step over the timing mat which will activate your timing chip. Once you cross the timing mat on floor 37 it will capture your finish time.
- SMILE! As you cross the finish line we’ll capture a photo and you can then make your way to our floor marshals who will escort you to the amazing rooftop view!
- After your commemorative rooftop photo, you’ll be able to take the lift back to the main floor and enjoy high fives all round, a bite to eat and the prize presentations from the Climb for Cancer team!
- Remember to bring your cheer squad with you on event day—we’ll have live camera feeds in the stairwell so your friends and family will be able to see you stepping up on the big day!
- Take a look at our Frequently Asked Questions for more information—and of course, we’re always here to answer your questions so feel free to fire them our way!
Event day parking
There are a number of way you can make your way to Climb for Cancer, held at One Eagle Street, Brisbane, 4000 on Sunday 28 May.
Drive and park
There is limited car-parking made available through Wilson Parking and Secure Parking around the event site.
- Go to www.secureparking.com.au
- Select Secure-a-Spot
- Select 200 Mary Street or Blue Tower Car Park (12 Creek Street)
- Select date and times
Secure Parking is also offering all climbers who book their parking online using the promo code CLIMB17 $5 flat rate parking on Sunday 28 May.
You can find more details here.
Public transport options are available in some cases – please check the Translink website for bus, train and ferry options to Eagle Street Pier.
Amenities on event day
Thirsty in the stairwell? No worries! During the climb, there are six open levels (5, 9, 14, 19, 26 and 31) where you can take a breather, grab a drink of water, use the toilets or catch your breath before you head out for your next leg of the climb. First Aid will also be located on every open level, with 1300MEDICS on ground level as well as the top floor.
In case of injury, illness or emergency in the stairwell, please see one of our floor marshals or use the white phone located in each level of the stairwell to talk to security directly.